Ever wonder how to change the default Windows 10 theme? You’re in luck. Today, we provide the steps on how to create your own unique Windows 10 theme. The steps are easy and self-explanatory so anybody who knows how to read should be able to do them. To add more fun, Microsoft even allows you to let others use your theme by sharing it!
Before we proceed to the main topic though, we would like to remind you that we accept requests for assistance regarding their Windows computers. If you have a problem that you can’t seem to find a solution to, send us your issue by following the link at the bottom of this page. Just remember, windows problems can sometimes be difficult to diagnose so kindly make sure that you give us very detailed description of the problem. You want to mention relevant history that may have led to the issue. The more information that you can provide, the higher the chance of us diagnosing the issue more efficiently. We also expect that you mention whatever troubleshooting step/s that you may have done before contacting us in order to prevent repeating them in our article. Again, the more details you can give us, the faster it is for us to pinpoint the cause and its corresponding solution.
Easy steps to create Windows 10 theme
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Select Personalization.
- Change the Desktop background. When changing desktop background, there are three things that you can modify: picture, solid color, and slideshow. You must change each of these items in turn to have a new desktop background. Microsoft provides a few default photos you can use but you can also use your own photos if you have them saved somewhere. The same is true for slideshow, though the default folder is your computer’s Photos folder. When changing the picture, you’ll have the additional option to pick how it’s displayed. It’s done by choosing a fit. For solid color, it’s up to you what particular color you would want it to be. For the slideshow option, the other additional options you can manipulate includes the length of time a picture changes, and how such picture is shown (choose a fit option).
- Change the Colors. Picking your theme’s color scheme generally depends on you but if you can’t decide what to choose, you can let Windows do the task for you. The primary color that you choose will affect the background, the Start menu tiles, and the thin border surrounding windows. Try playing around with colors until you’re satisfied. Keep in mind that changing the Lock screen background photo and Start menu settings can be done but they can’t be saved in your newly created theme.
- Under Personalization menu, click Themes.
- Select Theme settings to open personalization settings under Control Panel.
- Right click on Unsaved Theme and click Save theme. Saving the theme will now put said theme in the My Themes section so you can start using it after doing some few other steps below.
- Name your newly created theme, then click OK button.
In order to switch themes in the future, just open Control Panel and pick one under Personalization options. If you’re interested in sharing your theme to other users to another machine, you can right click on the saved one and pick Save theme for sharing as a .deskthemepack file.
If you’ve realized at this point, your newly created theme is a simple one. Microsoft does not provide more sophisticated options to give users more freedom in creating their own themes other than the steps above. If you want, you can browse Windows App Store and look for third party apps that will help you customize or create a unique theme for you. There are also ready made free themes that you can download from this link.
Posts you might like
We are here to help
If you are having a problem with your Windows computer, don’t hesitate to let us know about it. We understand how frustrating computer problems can be so, more so if you can’t find the right solutions at all. Our blog exists to help PC users and Windows community deal with their problems effectively. To engage with us, just fill out the questionnaire in this link and wait for our articles to be published. In order to help as many people as possible, we only provide our solutions via posts so please don’t expect that we will respond to your emails or private messages. By making all posts public, we can share our solutions to other users in a more efficient manner. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.