Cisco Webex is one of the popular video conferencing tools that people are using today. It has several features such as screen sharing, meeting recording, customizable layouts and meeting broadcasting that makes it popular in businesses. Although this is a solid performing platform there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Cisco Webex no audio problem.
Webex no audio during video conferencing
One of the issues that you might experience when using this software is when you can’t hear anything during a meeting. There are several factors that can cause this problem which we will tackle.
Method 1: Configure the audio settings to repair Cisco Webex no sound
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that the audio setting of Webex is correctly set.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Webex audio settings
- Click Audio on the Cisco Webex Meetings window.
This should be the fifth link from the top left.
- Click on Audio connection.
This will open the audio connection window.
- Click on Settings.
This is the gear icon just after the “Use computer for audio” link.
- Select the correct speaker from the drop down box then click on test.
This allows you to check if the speaker is working.
- Select the correct microphone from the drop down box.
This allows you to use the correct microphone.
- Close the Speaker and Microphone window then click on the connect button located at the right of “Use computer for audio”.
This will allow you to use your computer for audio.
Method 2: Restart the Windows Audio service
There are instances when the problem is caused by a glitch in the Windows Audio service which is why you will need to restart this.
- Type “services.msc” without the quotation marks in the search box.
- Click on Run as Administrator on the Services app that appears.
- Search for and right click on the Windows Audio service.
- Click on Restart.
After performing the troubleshooting steps listed above you will successfully fix the Cisco Webex no sound problem.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.