Windows 10 is the latest operating system released by Microsoft that has made computing easier for everyone. It’s fast, has a user friendly interface, and is capable of automatically detecting what hardware you have so that it can get the appropriate drivers. Sometimes though there are instances when certain problems can occur such as the computer unable to connect to a Bluetooth Audio device or a wireless display. If you are experiencing any of these problems then you have come to the right place as we will be providing the troubleshooting steps that you need to do to fix the problem.
How To Fix Connections To Bluetooth Audio Devices And Wireless Displays In Windows 10
Issue with Bluetooth audio device in Windows 10
If you are having a problem connecting your Bluetooth audio device to your windows 10 computer then the following initial steps are what you should do.
- Make sure that the device you are trying to connect has a Bluetooth feature. The Bluetooth switch must be turned on and the device should be fully charged and in pairing mode.
- On your computer make sure that airplane mode is turned off and the Bluetooth switch is turned on. If it is already on then try to turn it off then on again.
- If the Bluetooth audio device is already paired to your computer try removing this then adding it again.
- Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. This is a useful tool than can fix most Bluetooth related problems. Select the Start button, then select Settings – Update & Security – Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, and then select Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.
- Try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter from the Device Manager. From the search box on the taskbar type Device Manager then select it. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold, or right-click, the Bluetooth adapter name, which may include the word “radio”, and select Uninstall device. Turn off your computer then after a few seconds turn it on. Windows will now search for a Bluetooth driver and install it. If Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically then open Device Manager and select Action – Scan for hardware changes.
Issue with Wireless Displays in Windows 10
Windows 10 supports the Miracast wireless technology which allows the computer to project to a display that also supports Miracast technology.
To add a wireless display to your computer follow the steps listed below.
Posts you might like
- If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On.
- On your Windows 10 computer go to Start – Settings – Devices – Connected Devices.
- Click on ‘Add a Device’ and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter and that’s all. You’ve set up the wireless display.
In case you experience problems during the connection process then proceed with the following steps.
- Make sure that all the Display and Wi-Fi drivers are up to date and your computer supports Wi-Fi direct.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Make sure the display supports Miracast and verify it’s turned on. If your wireless display doesn’t, you’ll need a Miracast adapter.
- Restart your computer and the wireless display.
- Remove the wireless display then reconnect it. To remove the device, open Settings , and then select Devices > Bluetooth & other devices . Select the wireless display then select Remove device. After that, try reconnecting.