Microsoft Teams is a communication tool that is popularly used in businesses. One of its biggest advantages is that it integrates well with the various Office 365 products making it easy to collaborate on documents and files. Although this is a solid performing platform there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Microsoft Teams no sound during video call issue.
Microsoft Teams audio not working
One of the issues that you might experience when using Microsoft Teams is when you can’t hear anything during a meeting. There are several factors that can cause this problem which we will tackle.
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure to use the latest version of Microsoft Teams.
- Make sure to install the latest windows 10 update.
- Make sure other programs on your computer aren’t using your speakers.
Method 1: Choose the correct speaker from the Teams settings
The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you have chosen the correct speakers to be used during the video call.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Microsoft Teams speaker setting
- Click on your Profile icon.
This is located on the upper right part of the Teams software.
- Click on Settings.
This will open a new Settings window.
- Click on Devices.
This can be found on the left pane.
- Choose the correct speaker.
This can be done on the speaker drop down box.
Method 2: Run the Windows 10 audio troubleshooter to fix Microsoft Teams no sound on calls
Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter that can fix the common audio related issues that you might encounter. Try running this tool.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot. This can be found on the left pane.
- Click on Playing Audio then “Run the troubleshooter”. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problem.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Microsoft Teams no sound during video call problem.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.