Microsoft Teams is a communications solution that allows workplace communication via chat and video. It integrates well with most Office 365 products making it an advantage for most organizations. Although this is a solid performing platform there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Microsoft Teams webcam not working issue.
Microsoft Teams camera not working
There are several reasons why your camera not working when using Microsoft Teams. Let’s try to figure out what is causing this problem.
- Restart the computer.
- Make sure the webcam is plugged in before using Microsoft Teams.
- Close any programs that could be using the webcam before joining the Teams session. (Example: Skype, Instant Messaging software, webcam software, etc).
Method 1: Make sure to let Microsoft Teams have access to use the camera.
The first thing you will need to do is to verify that the application is given access to use your camera hardware.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
windows 10 camera permission
- Click on the Start button.
This is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
This will open the Settings window.
- Click on Privacy.
This is usually the second to the last choice at the bottom of the Settings window.
- Click on Camera.
This is located on the left pane.
- Turn on the switch to allow apps to access your camera.
This allows apps to access your camera.
Method 2: Update your webcam drivers
You need to make sure that you have the correct and updated webcam drivers installed in your computer.
- Right click on the Start button.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow just before Imaging devices.
- Right click on your webcam then click on Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After the new driver has installed, restart your computer.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Microsoft Teams webcam not working issue.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.