Windows 10 has a feature called Action Center which is where you will find your system notifications as well as quick actions. This is located on the extreme lower right corner of the taskbar. Clicking on its icon will open a side-out pane where you can view your notifications. Sometimes, when you get a lot of notifications it can interfere with your computing tasks which is why it’s sometimes advantageous to disable the action center. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to turn off Action Center in windows 10.
Disable Action Center in Windows 10
If you don’t want notifications to pop-up unexpectedly while working on your computer then you will need to turn off the Action Center.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Turn off Action Center from Settings
- Click on the Start button.
This is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
This will open the Settings window.
- Click on System.
This is usually the first icon on the upper left side of the Settings window.
- Click on Notifications & actions.
This is located on the left pane.
- Turn off the notification switch.
This will stop the notification from apps and other senders.
After following the steps listed above you will successfully turn off Action Center in Windows 10.
Temporarily hide notifications
If turning off notifications is an extreme action for you then you can choose to temporarily prevent the notifications from appearing.
Posts you might like
- Click on the Action Center icon on the lower right side of the screen.
- Click on Focus Assist to turn it on. You can click on this again to choose between the different modes. There is a Priority only mode and Alarm only mode.
- To customize Focus Assist type “Focus Assist” without the quotation marks on the search box
- Click on Focus Assist settings.
- Change the Focus Assist settings from here depending on your preferences.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.