Windows 10 is currently the most popular operating system in the world today based on the number of desktop and laptops running on it. Ever since its release in 2015 it has received several updates that add new features. One such feature is the color filter at system level which was first introduced in Build 16215. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to turn on color filters in windows 10.
Enable Color Filter in Windows 10
Color Filters is a feature that helps people see the images on the computer screen more clearly. This is useful for color blind people who have difficulty identifying the different colors while working on their PC.
Here are the different filters that you can choose from:
- Inverted: Reverses the colors on the display.
- Grayscale: Changes the color of the display to greyscale.
- Grayscale inverted: Changes the color of the display to grayscale then reverses this.
- Red-Green (red weak, protanopia): This is for users with Protanopia, a condition in which one finds it difficult to distinguish green from red (Red Sensitive).
- Red-green (green weak, deuteranopia): This filter is for users with Deuteranopia, a condition in which it is difficult for the retina to distinguish red from green (Green Sensitive).
- Blue-yellow (tritanopia): This filter is for users with Tritanopia, a condition in which the retina cannot distinguish between blue and yellow colors.
Go to Color Filters
This is what you need to do if you want to access the Color Filters feature of Windows 10.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Access Color Filters
- Click on the Start button.
This is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
This will open the Settings window.
- Click on Ease of Access.
This will open the vision, hearing, and interaction related settings page.
- Click on Color Filters.
This can be found on the left pane under the Vision section.
- Turn on the switch for Color Filters.
This will allow you to select a Color Filter to use.
- Choose your preferred Color Filter.
This allows you to use the selected Color Filter.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully turn on Color Filters in Windows 10.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.