Airplane Mode is a feature that was first made available in Windows 8 that basically turns off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth of the computer. It’s a convenient feature which is also available in Windows 10 that’s easy to use. There are however instances when certain issues can occur when using this feature such as when if fails to turn off. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to turn off Airplane Mode in windows 10.
How to disable Airplane Mode in Windows 10
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and removes any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Turn off from the Notifications menu
The first method to disable this feature can be done from the notifications menu.
- Click the white box found on the lower right-hand corner of the screen to open the Notifications menu.
- Toggle Airplane Mode off by clicking the box. When Airplane Mode is on, the box will appear blue. Clicking on it again will turn Airplane Mode off and turn the box black.
Once the above steps have been performed the Airplane Mode will be off.
Turn off from the Settings menu
Another way to turn off this feature is from the settings menu.
- Click on the Windows button.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Network & Internet
- Click Airplane mode located on the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Toggle Airplane Mode on and off using the button provided. Note that when Airplane Mode is enabled, the lever will turn blue. Once turned off, it will no longer have a color and will say “Off.“
Once you perform the above steps the feature will be turned off.