Not many people are contented with Microsoft’s stock web browser, the Microsoft Edge. Oftentimes, computer users would switch to a third party browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser they want. If you want to also change the default web browser on your Windows 10 computer, below are the steps to do that. Prior to doing the steps below, make sure that you install your preferred browser first.
Before we give you the steps, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
How to change the default browser on your Windows 10 PC
- Pull up Settings. You can do that by right-clicking on the Start menu.
- Click on System.
- Select Default apps. This should be on the left side of the screen, right below Offline maps.
- Click Microsoft Edge on the right pane. It should under Web browser section. If there’s more than one web browser installed, you should see their icons under Web browser section too.
- Select your preferred browser to replace the default one. For example, if you have Google Chrome browser already installed, select it from the menu that pops up.
- Once you see the Google Chrome icon or any other browser other than the first default under Web browser section, it’s a confirmation that you’re able to successfully change the default browser.
If you want to revert to the Microsoft’s own browser later, just repeat the same steps.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.