Facebook is considered as the largest social media and social network company in the world today. It has several outstanding features that allow anyone to stay connected and updated with various information. Although accessing this website on your computer is quite easy, there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Facebook images not loading issue.
What to do when Facebook images doesn’t load on your browser
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer and router first. This action refreshes the operating system and remove any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Check for server status
The first thing you will need to do in this case is to check if there is a Facebook outage. While this rarely occurs it can happen and when it does certain issues can occur when accessing the website.
You can use this link https://downdetector.com/status/facebook/ to check the status of Facebook.
Posts you might like
Check for disabled images
Certain browsers have a setting that can block website images from being displayed. If you are using Google Chrome then it’s best to check if you have this setting enabled.
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on More ( the three dots on the upper right side).
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Under the “Privacy and security” settings, look for and click “Site settings”.
- Click the arrow for the “Images” heading.
- If the “Show all” switch is off this means that images will not load. You will need to turn on this switch.
Try checking if the Facebook images won’t load issue still occurs.
Try using Google’s DNS
There are instances when the problem can be caused by your computer DNS setting. To check if this is the case then you should try using Google’s DNS.
- Press Windows + R, type “control panel” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the control panel, click on “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Click on Change Adapter settings.
- Right click on the connection that you are using to access Facebook then click on Properties.
- In the new windows that appears highlight the Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/ IPv4) then click the properties button.
- Click on “Use the following DNS server addresses:” so the dialogue boxes below become editable. Set the values as following: Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199; Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52.
- Press OK to save changes and exit.
- Restart your computer.
Try checking if the Facebook images not loading issue still occurs.
Try resetting the network cache
Resetting your network settings will usually fix the issue if it is caused by a network configuration glitch.
- Type Command Prompt on the search bar then right click on the command prompt app that appears and click on Run as Administrator.
- Inside the command prompt window type the following commands on at a time.
- Type ipconfig /release then press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew then press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter.
- Type netsh winsock reset then press Enter
- Type net stop dhcp then press Enter
- Type net start dhcp then press Enter
- Type netsh winhttp reset proxy then press Enter
Try checking if the Facebook images isn’t loading issue still occurs.
Try using a different browser
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should try using a different browser to access your account.