Showtime is a popular premium television network that features several blockbuster movies, feature films, documentaries, sports, comedy, and other content. One of the popular ways to access this platform is by streaming its content and this can easily be done using the Apple TV. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV.
How to Activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV
When trying to activate Showtime Anytime on your Apple TV you will usually get this message:
“3. A success message will appear here and you can begin using Showtime Anytime” Activation code: XXXX. It jumps to the third step without even going through the first and second steps. Because of this you won’t be able to activate the service.
Before activating the service there are several prerequisites that you need to satisfy.
- Your provider must be a participant in the Showtime program.
- You must be a Showtime subscriber on your satellite or cable provider.
- You must have a Showtime Anytime account before using the service on your Apple TV. If you don’t have, you can create one. (Go to Showtime’s website, click on the Create a new account, and select your provider if it is listed).
Here are the steps
- Open the Showtime Anytime channel on your Apple TV. Showtime Anytime should be automatically installed if you have the latest Apple TV update.
- Navigate to any program, and select the Play option. You’ll be prompted to choose your TV provider or streaming service.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your account to confirm your subscription.
- Your Apple TV will display an activation code when you’re signed in.
- Open www.showtimeanytime.com/activate in an internet browser. If you’re not automatically signed in, click the red LOGIN button to sign in.
- When you enter the code from your Apple TV, a success message will automatically appear on your computer screen. You can immediately start using Showtime Anytime.
If everything goes smoothly then you will be able to activate showtime on Apple TV.
If you are unable to see the activation code then try the following.
- Try changing your TV’s aspect ratio.
- Make sure you are using an HDMI cable with your Apple TV.
- Set the Apple TV resolution to Auto (On your Apple TV go to Settings > Audio/Video > TV Resolution > Select Auto.)
- Try connecting your TV cable to another (higher-resolution) LCD TV.
If the browser instructs you to open the iOS device to complete the activation then do the following.
- Download the Showtime app from the Apple app store.
- Enter the required information to activate the app.
- When you have successfully activated the app, open the settings (the gear icon in the top left corner).
- Under the Devices section select Activate device.
- Proceed to select Activate Apple TV.
- Type in the alphanumeric characters (activation code) from your TV screen, give it 5 seconds and you will get the wanted results. Showtime Anytime is activated on your Apple TV.