Twitter is a popular social networking site that allows subscribers to post short messages for anyone to see. It is quite popular as there are a lot of topics that you can discover. One feature that is available for this service is the ability to send direct messages with anyone who has a Twitter account. Sometimes you might not want to receive a message from a certain person. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to block someone on Twitter DM.
How To Block Someone On Twitter DM
- Locate the conversation from the account, and click or tap to open it.
- Click or tap the information icon
- Select Report.
- Confirm your choice. The account will not be able to send you a message until you send them a message first.
You can also block the account of the person you don’t want to receive messages from.
- Go to the profile page of the account you wish to block.
- Click the More icon on their profile page.
- Select Block from the menu.
- Click Block to confirm.
Take note that when you block an account the following will apply.
- Blocked accounts cannot follow you, and you cannot follow an account you have blocked.
- Blocking an account you are currently following will cause you to unfollow that account
- Blocked accounts do not receive a notification alerting them that their account has been blocked.
- You will not receive notifications from accounts you block, or accounts that you do not follow who mention you in conversations started by accounts that you block.
- Blocked accounts that choose to report your account, any of your Tweets that directly mention them will be available for them to view and attach during the reporting process.