Although it is only the fourth most popular browser in the world today, Opera offers several good features which sets it apart from the likes of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It loads web pages up to 90% faster than its competition and it even has a free unlimited VPN feature.
Installing this web browser in your Windows 10 computer is quite easy however you will find out that uninstalling it is a different story as traces of the browser will remain even if you uninstall it. If you want to completely remove Opera from your system then you should follow the steps listed below.
How To Completely Remove Opera Browser On Windows 10
- Start your Windows 10 computer in Safe Mode. Open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows Key and selecting the Settings Gear Icon. Select Update & Security, and then find and select Recovery in the side panel. On the new screen, underneath the heading Advanced startup, press the “Restart now” button. Follow the instructions on how to boot into Safe Mode using the Advanced startup tool.
- Quit Opera from running. Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+Delete then select the Opera process. Click End Task to close the process.
- Uninstall Opera from the Control Panel. Click and hold on Start with the right mouse button and select Control Panel. Click on the Programs and Features option. Find Opera then click on Uninstall. Mark the option “Delete my Opera user data” because this option allows you to get rid of all the files. After that, click on the button “Uninstall”.
- Delete Registry keys of Opera. Click on the Start menu on the screen then type regedit in the box and hit OK. Press Ctrl + F to open the Search box and type the keyword Opera in the box. Hit Find Next, delete the target item when it shows up.
- Remove the hidden Opera folder. Make sure to enable the option “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in File Explorer. Navigate to the hidden folder – C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software and remove it. The second hidden folder contains user cache which should also be removed and is located at. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Opera Software.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your computer. We support every computing device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.