Google is an American company that specializes in internet related products. One of their most popular products is Google Search, which allows anyone to search the internet for any topic. It’s a powerful tool that can be used to find relevant information. One feature that this tool does is that it keeps track of your search history. While this can be useful, there are times when you don’t want your search history to be seen. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to delete Google search history.
How To Delete Search History
You should be logged in to your Google account on the browser before you can delete your search history.
- Open your browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your profile picture on the top right corner.
- Select My Account.
- Scroll down and select Go To My Activity under My Activity in Personal Info & Privacy Section.
- You should be able to see your latest history.
- Select Delete activity by from the left pane.
- Select the day or the span of time you want to delete from the drop down menu under Delete by date.
- Select All Search or ads or Video Search from the drop down menu. You can select whatever you want.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete again to confirm.
Deleting your Google search history does not delete your browsing history. To delete your browsing history you should follow the steps listed below.
- In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- At the top of the “Clear browsing data” window, click Advanced.
- Select the following: Browsing history, Download history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files
- From the “Time range” drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select All time.
- Click CLEAR DATA.
- Exit from Chrome.
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next to “Details”, click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
- Click Clear Now.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- In the top right, click the Hub icon (looks like star with three horizontal lines).
- Click the History icon (looks like a clock), and then select Clear all history.
- Select Browsing history, then Cookies and saved website data, and then Cached data and files. Click Clear.
- After the “All Clear!” message appears, exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the Safari menu, select Clear History… or Clear History and Website Data….
- Select the desired time range, and then click Clear History.
- Go to Safari > Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.