Street Fighter is one of those classic video fighting games that has made its presence felt in various gaming platforms. The latest version, which is Street Fighter V, was released in 2016 for the PS4 and PC via Steam. Although this is a stable game there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Street Fighter V Steam not launching issue.
How To Fix Street Fighter V Steam Not Launching
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and remove any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem ranging from an interference from the antivirus software to a glitch in the Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage processes. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
Turn off the antivirus
The first thing you will need to do in this case is to check if the antivirus software you have installed is blocking the game from running.
- Locate the Avast icon in your computer’s system tray and right-click on it.
- Click on Avast shields control in the resulting context menu.
- Locate the options to disable the program – you should find options to disable it for 10 minutes, an hour, until the computer is restarted or permanently (until you yourself turn it back on). Select whatever option suits you best and use it to disable the program.
- Look for the AVG icon in your computer’s system tray and right-click on it.
- Click on Temporarily disable AVG protection.
- Choose how long you want AVG to be turned off and whether you want AVG to disable its Firewall too.
- Click on OK to disable the antivirus program.
- Look for the Avira icon in your computer’s system tray and right-click on it.
- Uncheck the AntiVir Guard enable option in the resulting context menu to turn Avira Antivirus and its protection features off.
- Look for the BitDefender icon in your computer’s system tray and double-click on it.
- Click on >> Virus Shield.
- Uncheck the checkbox beside the Virus Shield is enabled option, consequently changing it to Virus Shield is disabled and successfully disabling the antivirus program until you manually turn it back on again.
- Look for the McAfee Antivirus icon in your computer’s system tray and right-click on it.
- Click on Exit in the resulting context menu.
- You should see a dialog box warning you that McAfee‘s protection will be turned off should you choose to go through with your decision. Click on Yes in this dialog box to disable the antivirus program.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings
- Switch Real-time protection to OFF. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned.
Check if the Street Fighter V Steam not launching error still occurs. If it doesn’t then the problem is most likely caused by the antivirus software. You will need to place the Street Fighter V folder in the exclusion list of the antivirus software.
- Go to your taskbar on the bottom right of your screen and press the tiny umbrella you see there.
- A window named Professional Security will open. Click on the option of “Extras” located on the top and a drop down menu will appear. From the drop down menu, click on Configurations.
- Select PC Protection and then navigate to Scan. In the Scan, you will be given a number of different options. Select Exceptions and you will see a dialogue box.
- In the dialogue box, you have to enter the address/pathway to your Street Fighter V directory so it can be excluded. You can press the Browse Button and through the file explorer, select the Street Fighter V directory to add it to the list of exceptions. Once you have selected the folder, press OK and click Add.
- Open Bitdefender and go to the Protection Window by clicking the shield icon.
- Click on the link which says View Modules.
- Click on the Settings icon which you can see on the upper right corner of the antivirus.
- Go to the Exclusions tab present in the window.
- Click on “List of files and folders excluded from scanning”.
- Click on the ADD button. Navigate to your Street Fighter V directory and select the folder.
- Click Add and save changes.
- Open the Avast interface.
- Click on Settings found at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Go to General and scroll down the options until you find Exclusions.
- Expand the section and you will see a dialogue where you can add global exceptions. Navigate to your Street Fighter V directory using the browse option.
- Once you have selected the Street Fighter V folder, click on ADD found at the bottom left side of the screen. Press OK and Steam is now added to global exceptions of Avast antivirus.
- Click Windows button and in the search bar type “Windows defender”. Open “Windows Defender Security Center”.
- You will find a list of options available in the new window. Select the option “Virus and threat protection”.
- Navigate to Virus and Threat Protection Settings. Windows may prompt you to allow an administrator access to use this feature. If so, press Yes.
- Look for the window which says “Add or remove exclusions”. Click it and you will be navigated to a menu where you can add exclusions. You can exclude folders, extensions, and even files. In this case, we will exclude the whole Steam folder which is located in the directory you downloaded it.
- Click on the option which says “Exclude a folder” and navigate to your Street Fighter V directory.
- Open your Malwarebytes window by clicking on the icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Click on the Malware Exclusions tab located on the left side of the window.
- In this tab, you find an option which says “Add folder”. Click it and you will be navigated to File Explorer from where you can select your Street Fighter V directory easily.
- Open your Norton application using the icon present in your task bar at the bottom right of your Windows screen.
- Go to its Settings.
- Select the tab of Scams and Risks. You will be presented with a number of options. Look for Exclusions/Low Risks at the near bottom. Click it to expand. On the “Items to Exclude from scans” click the Configure button in front of it.
- You can add the Steam directory to the list of exclusions. Click Add Folders and navigate to your Street Fighter V directory.
- Open Kaspersky AV from the icon present in your taskbar at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- In the Settings, select the tab of Additional and select the tab of Threats and Exclusions from the list of options given.
- In the Threats and Exclusion settings, click on the Configure Exclusions present in the middle of the screen.
- In the Exclusions window, select the option of Add present in the bottom right of the screen.
- Now navigate to the Street Fighter V directory using the Browse button.
ESET NOD 32
- Open the ESET product using the icon present on your taskbar at the bottom right.
- Select the Setup tab and from the list of options, select Computer Protection.
- Select the gear icon present next to “Real-time file system protection”. After clicking it, you will get an option regarding edit exclusions. Click it.
- Click on the icon of Add and then browse to your Street Fighter V directory.
- Open McAfee Antivirus by clicking on its icon present on the toolbar on the bottom right side of your Windows
- Click on Manage Security.
- Select the option of Schedule and run scans option present in the box of Virus and Spyware Protection.
- Select the option of Schedules scans from the list of options that follow. A new window will open and from there you will see the Add button present under the tab of Excluded Files and Folders.
Stop the Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage processes
For some unknown reason the Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage processes are known to cause issues on the game so it’s best to try stopping both of these processes.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Task Manager.
- Scroll through the list of Background processes and see if either the Intel Driver Support process or Intel System Usage process (or both) is active.
- If one (or both) of these processes are active, right click on the process and select End Task.
- Once the processes have been stopped, launch the game.
Check if the Street Fighter V Steam not launching issue still occurs.