If your voice can’t be heard over voice-over IP related services such as Skype then you might want to consider increasing the microphone volume on your Windows 10 device. This will allow the microphone to become more sensitive in picking up the sound which will result in your voice being clearly heard.
How To Increase Mic Volume In Windows 10
- Click on the Windows Start menu, then click on ”Settings”.
- In the ”Settings” window, click on ”Devices”.
- Select ”Bluetooth & other devices” from the list on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under the ”Related Settings” section, which will be either to the right of the window or down below, click on ”Sound settings”.
- In the ”Sound” window that pops up, navigate to the ”Recording” tab along the top.
- Right-click on your microphone, then click on ”Properties” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- In the ”Microphone Properties” tab that appears, choose the ”Levels” tab.
- Slide the ”Microphone” slider to the right up to 100.
- If the volume is still too low, increase the ”Microphone Boost” slider in small increments until the microphone is at the required volume.
You can also perform the following steps listed below to increase the microphone volume.
- From the Windows Desktop Screen, right-click on the ‘Sound’ icon and from the options displayed, select ‘Recording Devices’.
- Right-click on the active microphone and select the ‘Properties’ option. The active microphone has a green check-mark marked against it. Depending upon the setup there may be multiple microphones present.
- Under the Microphone Properties window, from the ‘General’ tab, switch to ‘Levels’ tab and adjust the boost level.
- Try to perform this process during your conversation so that you get the feedback from the other end immediately.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your computer. We support every computing device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.