Steam is one of the best platforms to get a digital copy of your favorite PC games. Instead of going to a store to buy a physical copy of the game you can just download it to your computer which is quite convenient for most people. There are times when you will buy the wrong game. When this happens you can just simply get a refund. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to refund a game on Steam.
How To Refund a Game on Steam
There are two requirements needed in order for you to be able to get a refund.
- Any title that is requested within 14 days of purchase.
- The game has been played for less than 2 hours.
If these two requirements are met then you can submit a refund request at https://help.steampowered.com/en/ or from the Steam client.
- Open your Steam client. Then click on “Help” at the top side of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Steam support”.
- Select the game which you want to refund. If you have recently played it will be under the “Recent Products” found at the top of the page. If you don’t see the game’s name here, click on the tab of “Purchases”.
- On the purchases tab, you will see a list of all the purchases you have made in the last six months. You have to browse through the games and locate the game you want to refund.
- Click on the game.
- Click the option saying “I would like a refund.”
- Click on “I’d like to request a refund”.
- Steam will check on its end if you are eligible for a refund. It will offer you a refund if you are. You can also select the payment method through which you would like to get refunded i.e. the original payment method, the steam wallet etc. If you are not eligible for a refund, the system will inform you that the refunds aren’t usually accepted in your case, but it will allow you to request for one anyway.
- You will be asked why you are requesting for a refund. Select the reason from the drop-down menu or create a feedback.
- Click the option of Submit Request after you are done with entering your feedback.
- You will receive an email from Steam informing you that your request has been received and they will contact/inform you the moment they are resolved or decided.
- If you fulfill all the other requirements, Steam will send you another confirmatory email stating that your request has been processed successfully and the amount has been refunded through the payment method you choose.