Trying to send a file on your Windows 10 computer by right clicking on it and choosing the send to mail recipient option will usually allow you to send this file using the installed email client. There are however instances when certain issues can occur such as when you get the “There is no email program associated to perform the requested action” error. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to fix this problem.
Fix There Is No Email Program Associated To Perform The Requested Action
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and removes any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Set the default email client
The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to make sure that you have specified a default email client on your windows 10 computer.
- Hold Windows key and press I
- Click Apps
- Select Default Apps from the left pane
- Select the application under the Email section
- Select Mail (Or an application of your choice) from the newly appeared list
- Restart your computer.
Check if the “There is no email program associated to perform the requested action error” still occurs.
Use the registry editor to remove corrupt data
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by corrupt data on the Outlook application. To fix this you will need to delete this data.
- Hold Windows key and press R.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate and double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane.
- Locate and double click Software from the left pane.
- Locate and double click Clients from the left pane.
- Locate and double click Mail from the left pane.
- Locate and right click Microsoft Outlook from the left pane.
- Select Delete and confirm any additional prompts.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Hold Windows key and press I.
- Click Apps.
- Select Default Apps from the left pane.
- Select the application under the Email section.
- Select Mail.
- Restart the computer.
Check if the issue still occurs.