Instagram is a popular video and photo sharing social network that’s owned by Facebook. It is the fourth most downloaded mobile app of the decade (2010-2019) and is being used by a lot of celebrities to connect with their fans. Although this is a solid performing app there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Windows 10 Instagram app not working issue.
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and remove any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem ranging from a corrupted app cache to a data conflict problem. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
How to fix Windows 10 Instagram App Not Working
Run the Windows Store app troubleshooter
The first thing you will need to do in this case is to make sure of the built-in windows 10 tool that will allow you to diagnose and fix most of the common problems that can occur on the operating system.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Choose Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Expand the “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter.
- Click Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- Restart the computer
Check if the Instagram app not working issue still occurs.
Reset the Instagram app
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by corrupted data in the app itself. If this is the culprit then you will need to reset the app.
- Open Settings.
- Choose Apps
- Select Instagram under the Apps & features section and open Advanced options
- Scroll down and click Reset
Check if Instagram stops working issue still occurs.
Reinstall the Instagram app
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should reinstall the app.
- Open Start and find Instagram under the application list.
- Right-click on Instagram and Uninstall it.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the Microsoft Store and install Instagram again
Check if the same problem still occurs. In case it does, then you should try accessing your Instagram account using your browser.