The Recycle Bin of Windows 10 is a location where files are sent once you delete them. If you would like to recover any file you deleted then you can just open the trash icon and restore the file to its original saved location. This icon is usually located on the desktop however sometimes it can’t be found there. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to fix the Recycle Bin missing from desktop issue.
Restore a lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and removes any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Check desktop icon settings
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that the setting to display the recycle bin on the desktop is activated.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize.
- Click Themes which can be found on the left side of the Window.
- Click Desktop Icon settings from the far right corner.
- Make sure the Recycle Bin box is checked. If it is already checked then uncheck it then check it again.
- Click on Apply then OK.
The recycle bin missing from desktop issue should now be fixed
Show desktop icons in tablet mode
If you are using the computer in tablet mode then you won’t be able to see the recycle bin.
- Click on Start
- Click on Settings
- Select System
- Click on Tablet Mode found on the left side of the window.
- Turn off the switch for Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode
- Turn off the switch for Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode.
Check if the recycle bin not found issue still occurs.