The touchpad is a popular input tool that is included in almost all laptops. Most people find this quite useful while others would prefer using a mouse instead. This doesn’t come as a surprise since most laptop models don’t offer a good touchpad experience. If you are one of the people who would rather use a mouse and keyboard then you can easily disable to touchpad on your laptop by following the steps listed below.
How To Disable Touchpad On Laptop
Using the Device Manager
- Open the Device Manager by simultaneously pressing the Windows logo and R keys to open the Run command. Type “Devmgmt.msc” in the box, and then press enter key.
- When the Device Manager windows appears, expand on Test then expand Mice and other pointing devices to see HID-compliant mouse entries.
- Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry and then click the Disable option. Click Yes button when you see “Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?” Check if the touchpad still works. If it still does then do the same process for the second HID-compliant mouse entry.
Using the Windows Menu
- Press the Windows key on your laptop then type Control Panel then press Enter.
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Look for Mouse under Devices and Printers
- Under the Mouse Properties window go to the tab labeled Touchpad
- You should find an option to disable the Touchpad from here.
Engage with us
Posts you might like
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.