One of the most popular accessories that you can connect to your Windows 10 computer is a Bluetooth mouse. It is quite convenient to use since it doesn’t need any wires which can create a more cleaner working space. Although connecting this mouse to your computer is easy there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Bluetooth mouse not working in windows 10 issue.
Here’s what you need to do when your Bluetooth mouse doesn’t work on your PC
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and removes any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem ranging from a driver issue to a power management setting. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
Try changing the power and sleep settings
Windows 10 has several power saving features which can be controlled from its settings.
Posts you might like
- Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Power Options and select the top most search results.
- Click on Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window and click on Change advanced power settings.
- Expand Sleep>Sleep after and choose Never from the drop down bar.
- Click on Apply and OK after setting the time.
Check if the Bluetooth mouse not working still occurs.
Update the Bluetooth driver
One common cause of this problem is an outdated Bluetooth driver which is why you should make sure that your computer is using the latest drivers.
- Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
- Find your Bluetooth mouse, right-click on it, and go to Update driver software
- Let the wizard scan for updates and apply them (if there are any)
- Restart your computer.
Try connecting to your Bluetooth mouse again.
Make sure the Bluetooth service is running
- Press Windows key + R to open the elevated Run command line.
- In the command line, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to Bluetooth support service.
- If it’s set to Started, it is fine. If not, right-click and choose Start.
Run the system troubleshooter
Windows has a built-in tool that can diagnose and fix certain software problems. Try using this tool to fix the Bluetooth mouse not working issue.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- Choose Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter under the Bluetooth icon.
- Follow the instructions.
Check if the problem still occurs.
Reset the Bluetooth mouse connection
Sometimes the problem can be fixed simply by removing then adding the mouse back to Windows 10.
- Type Bluetooth on the search bar then click on the Bluetooth & other devices setting.
- Select your Bluetooth mouse, and then choose Remove
- After it has been removed click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- If the device is not found, restart it again. When the device is found, select it, and then click Next.
- Follow the installation instructions in the wizard.
Check if the mouse not working issue still occurs.