Windows 10 is quite a secure system that usually most of its ports are closed to prevent intrusions. Sometimes though you will need a port to be opened to fix connectivity issues between your computer and the router or your computer and a program. Take note that opening a port increases the chances of your computer or network to outside attacks. Listed below are the easy steps that you can do to open ports in your computer.
How To Allow Ports Through Firewall In Windows 10
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search box, and then click on “Windows Defender Firewall.”
- When the Windows Firewall opens, click on “Advanced Settings.”
- Click the “Inbound Rules” category on the left. In the far right pane, click the “New Rule” command.
- If you need to open a rule for outgoing traffic, instead of clicking “Inbound Rule,” you should click “Outbound Rule.”
- On the Rule Type page, select the “Port” option and then click “Next.”
- Choose whether the port you’re opening uses the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
- Select the “Specific Local Ports” option and then type the port number into the field provided. If you’re opening more than one port, you can separate them by commas. If you need to open a range of ports, use a hyphen
- Click “Next” when done.
- On the next page, click “Allow the Connection” and then click “Next.”
- Next, choose when the rule applies and click “Next.”
- Give your new rule a name and an optional, more detailed description. Click “Finish” when you’re done.
After completing the steps listed above you will already allow ports through firewall in windows 10.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your computer. We support every computing device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.