Lifesize is one of the video conferencing solutions available for people who are working from home right now. It allows team members located in different geographical locations to effectively collaborate on their projects. One of its features is its high definition video and high quality audio which allows for better communications. Although this is a solid performing platform there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Lifesize no audio problem.
Lifesize no audio during video call
One issue that you might experience with Lifesize in your windows 10 computer is that you might not hear a sound during a video call. This can be caused by various factors which we will try to determine by following the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure to use an updated browser.
- Make sure to install the latest Windows 10 update.
- Make sure other programs on your computer aren’t using your speakers or microphone.
Method 1: Check the speaker and microphone setting in Lifesize
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that you are using the correct speaker and microphone.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Lifeline speaker and microphone setting
- Login to your Lifesize account.
This will run the web app which you can do this from Lifesize.com.
- Start a meeting.
You can do this by clicking on the Meetings link on the left pane then highlight the meeting name and click on the call with camera on link.
- Click on the Settings icon.
This can be found on the right part of the screen.
- Choose the correct speaker.
This can be done from the Speakers drop down box.
- Choose the correct microphone.
This can be done from the microphone drop down box.
Method 2: Check the browser microphone permissions
Another factor that can cause this problem is that Lifesize is not given permission to use the microphone. You will need to change this from the browser settings. Listed below are the steps you need to do when using Google Chrome.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on More.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy and security.
- Click on Site Settings.
- Click on Microphone.
- Click on the forward arrow located after Lifesize.
- Make sure that Allow is chosen on the Microphone drop down box.
Method 3: Run the Windows 10 audio troubleshooter to fix Lifesize no sound problem
Windows 10 has a useful tool that can fix most of the common audio related problems. Try using this to fix the problem.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot. This can be found on the left pane.
- Click on Playing Audio then “Run the troubleshooter”. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problem.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Lifesize no audio problem.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.