Microsoft Excel is the most popular spreadsheet application being used today. It is used to create grids of text, numbers and formulas. This is important for many businesses as it allows them to record expenditures and income, plan budgets, chart data and succinctly present fiscal results. If you don’t have this software installed in your computer then here’s how you can open Microsoft Excel file without excel.
Open Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets Without Excel
Getting the Excel software in your computer usually means that you have to purchase it. If you don’t work on spreadsheets then there’s really no point in buying this software. There will however be instances when you will receive an Excel spreadsheet. To open this spreadsheet without buying the software you can select any of the methods listed below.
Method 1: Use the online version of Microsoft Excel
The best way to open a Microsoft Excel file is to use the online version of Microsoft Excel which is free to use.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Using the online version of Microsoft Excel
- Go to https://www.office.com/ then click on the Sign in button.
You can do from any compatible browser.
- Enter your email address then click on Next.
This is the Office account you will be using.
- Enter the password then click on Sign in.
This will let you access your Office account.
- Click on the Upload and open link.
This can be found on the upper right side of the screen.
- Search for and highlight the Excel file saved in your computer then click open.
This will upload the file to your OneDrive storage then open it.
Method 2: Use LibreOffice
LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite of programs that is the best alternative for Microsoft Office.
- Download and install LibreOffice. You can do this from https://www.libreoffice.org/.
- Right click on the Excel file then choose the Open with and select LibreOffice Calc.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully open Microsoft Excel file without excel.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.