Talky is one of the popular choices that people use to do a quick video conferencing. It’s very simple to use since you don’t have to install anything in your computer and you don’t even need to create an account. All you need is a compatible browser to start a video meeting. Although this is a solid performing platform there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Talky no sound during video call problem.
Talky no sound during calls
One issue that you might experience when using Talky is that you can’t hear anything during a meeting. There are several factors that can cause this problem which we will tackle.
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure to use an updated browser.
- Make sure to install the latest windows 10 update.
- Make sure other programs on your computer aren’t using your speakers or microphone.
Method 1: Check the speaker and microphone setting in Talky
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that you are using the correct speaker and microphone for Talky.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Talky audio settings
- Go to the Talky website.
You can do this by visiting Talky.io.
- Create a room name then click on the Start a chat button.
This allows you to create a group chat of up to 6 people.
- Choose the correct speaker.
This can be done from the speaker drop down box.
- Choose the correct microphone.
This can be done from the microphone drop down box.
- Click on Join call.
This will start the video chat.
Method 2: Check the browser microphone permissions to fix Talky no sound during video call
One factor that can cause this problem is that Talky is not given permission to use the microphone. You can check this setting from your browser. Here’s how to do it when on your Chrome browser.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on More.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy and security.
- Click on Site Settings.
- Click on Microphone.
- Click on the forward arrow located after Talky.
- Make sure that Allow is chosen on the Microphone drop down box.
Method 3: Run the Windows 10 audio troubleshooter to fix Talky no sound during video call
Windows 10 has a tool that can fix most of the common audio related problems. Try using this to fix the problem.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot. This can be found on the left pane.
- Click on Playing Audio then “Run the troubleshooter”. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problem.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Talky no sound during video call problem.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.