Gmail is the free email service of Google that was first released in April 2004 as a limited beta. It’s a popular choice among computer users since the service offers a large 15 GB storage space and a search oriented feature that allows you to easily organize and search for your email. Although this is an excellent service there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to fix Gmail spell check not working issues.
Gmail spell checker not working in Windows 10
Gmail has a built-in tool that checks your email for any possible spelling errors. This makes it easy for you to spot any spelling mistakes before you send out an email. Any word that is misspelled will be highlighted in red line and to correct this you will just have to right click on it and select the suggested corrected spelling.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Spell check Gmail messages
- Open Gmail.
You can do this by opening Gmail.com on the browser.
- Login to your Gmail account.
You will need to do this if the browser does not automatically open your account.
- Click on Compose.
This can be found on the upper right side of the window. Compose an email in this window
- In the New Message window, click on the three dots.
This is located on the lower right side of the window.
- Click on the Check spelling option.
This is usually the second to the last option and will enable the spell checker for your Gmail account.
- Spell checker will detect and highlight the misspelled word with a red squiggly line.
To correct the word, click on the highlighted word and select the right word.
After performing the steps listed above you will be able to fix Gmail spell check not working issues.
Fix misspelled words as you type
You can also fix any misspelled word as you type by enabling the feature from the Gmail settings.
- Open Gmail. You can do this by opening Gmail.com on the browser.
- Login to your Gmail account. You will need to do this if the browser does not automatically open your account.
- Click the gear icon. This is located on the top right part of the window.
- Click on Settings. This will open the Settings window.
- On the general tab make sure that the autocorrect on is selected. This will correct any misspelled words while you type.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.