Netflix is a popular streaming service that allows its customers access to a huge library of movies and TV shows. This service can be accessed from almost any computing device and a dedicated app is available for the Android and iOS platform. On computers, this can be easily accessed using a browser such as Google Chrome. Although this is a stable platform there are instances when certain issues can occur when trying to access Netflix. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Netflix Error M7111-1331-2206 issue.
How To Fix The Netflix Error M7111-1331-2206 Issue
The Netflix error M7111-1331-2206 usually occurs when the information that is stored in the browser needs to be refreshed. If the browser is storing an outdated data then there’s a chance that you will experience this problem although other factors can also cause this problem such as the following:
- The Netflix servers are down.
- Corrupt Media Feature Pack in the computer
- IPV6 adapter of the computer is active
- Using a proxy to access Netflix
What you will want to do first in this case is to restart your computer then check if you are still experiencing the same problem. If you are then proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.
Clear the cached data of the browser
Since one of the main reasons why this problem occurs is an outdated or corrupt data in your browser then you should clear your browser cached data.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the “Hub” symbol in the main menu.
- Then browse to the “History”.
- Now you can click on “Delete the whole History”.
- Check the option “temporary services and files” and confirm the selection with a click on the “Delete” Button.
- Click the Menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data.
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
If you are accessing Netflix from a saved bookmark in your browser then I suggest that you delete this bookmark and instead type www.netflix.com in the browser bar.
Check if the Netflix error M7111-1331-2206 issue still occurs.
Check the Netflix server status
Sometimes this problem can occur if there is an outage on the Netflix servers (this is a rare occurrence). To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should try to access Netflix using a different device. You can also check from the official Netflix site if the server is down by going to https://help.netflix.com/en/is-netflix-down.
Disable the Proxy
Some people use a proxy server to bypass certain restrictions set by Netflix as there are some content that are only available in certain regions. A proxy works as a middleman between your computer and Netflix. Instead of communicating directly with Netflix, internet data is first routed through the proxy server. To Netflix and other websites and apps, it appears as though the user is connecting from the proxy server’s location instead of their own. If for example you are located in Europe and want to access the content of US Netflix then you can connect to a proxy server in the USA.
If you are using a proxy then try to disable this then check if the Netflix error M7111-1331-2206 issue still occurs.
Check if Windows 10 has the Media Feature Pack
Certain versions of windows 10 will not have the Windows Feature Pack which is required by Netflix The Windows N versions for example will not have this feature. If your computer is missing this feature then you should try to download and install this from the official Microsoft site at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack. Once this has been installed restart your computer then check if the Netflix error M7111-1331-2206 issue still occurs.