Facebook is a popular social media network that allows people to stay connected. You will usually be getting notifications from friends or groups you follow on their latest updates. While this can be good, sometimes you just want to prevent getting these notifications, especially if you are working. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to turn off Facebook notifications on Chrome.
How To Turn Off Facebook Notification On Chrome
Block the notifications on Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the Privacy and security section, look for Content settings and click on it.
- Scroll down to the Notification section and click on it.
- Find the Ask before sending setting. This toggle is on by default, and it will ask you if you want to receive notifications from any site .
- Make sure the Ask before sending toggle is ON
- Search for the Facebook.com in the Allow section.
- Click on the 3-dot icon and choose Block. You will receive all your notifications except the ones from Facebook.
Block Desktop Notifications on Facebook Website
- Log into your Facebook profile.
- Go to Settings and click on Notifications in the left panel.
- Search for the How you get notifications section then click on browser
- Make sure that the switch for Chrome push notifications is OFF. This will disable Facebook notifications in your Chrome browser.
These are the two ways to turn off Facebook notification on Chrome. By doing any of the two steps listed above you won’t be bothered by the notifications at all which can be a good idea especially if you are working as it will definitely improve your productivity.